The Walker Management Library seeks to create a welcoming and comfortable environment for our users. The library is a place for active learning and quiet reflection. Mutual courtesy and respect among users and staff are essential to promoting the educational mission of the library.
The Library has adopted several policies to assist in creating this environment for everyone - Food and Drink; Noise and Disruption; Study Rooms. More conduct related issues such as abuse of property, personal behavior, misuse of computers, and children in the library are covered by the Vanderbilt's system-wide Conduct Policy.
Food and Drink
The Walker Management library supports the Jean and Alexander Heard Library Use Policy.
Food and drink items in covered containers are allowed in the Library.
To accommodate all our users:
- We ask that you consume thoughtfully; respect other library users and the library facility.
- Group meals or savory foods can be disturbing and should be consumed in more appropriate Owen spaces outside the library.
- Please place discarded items in recycling and trash containers.
To discuss any problems resulting from food and drink, stop by the Service desk.
Noise and Disruption
- Some noise is inevitable in a library environment. The second floor is more of a quiet area than the first floor, where library staff will be assisting users.
- Cell phones should be turned off or set to vibrate while in the library. Calls should be taken and/or made from outside the library open spaces.
- For your convenience an earplug dispenser is provided at the Service desk.
Please see Study Rooms.